Please join First Farmers State Bank for one of our 2014 Field Day events. An agronomist from Diversified Services, Inc. will provide a market udpate and facilitate discussion leading into fall decision-making.
First Farmers State Bank employees will be available to discuss any specific crop insurance or general banking questions you may have.
3 dates/locations to choose from:
229 2800th St., San Jose
(please RSVP by August 5)
Rt. 122 & Lauster Rd., Minier
(please RSVP by August 7)
21024 E. 1600 North Rd., Normal
(please RSVP by August 19)
Time is 8-10a.m. each day--RAIN OR SHINE.
SIGN UP NOW!
Contact a First Farmers Ag Specialist:
- Matt Allen, Delavan
- Joe Conroy, Minier
- Brian Davis, Bloomington
We know we wouldn't be in business without our many great customers!
In thanks for your business, each of our branches is giving away a Weber grill*, and there will be a hotdog cookout in both Minier and Delavan. Each customer may enter to win at each branch, although to give all of our customers equal opportunity to win, we kindly ask that you limit your entries to one per customer per branch.
Date: Friday, August 1
Time: 11am - 1pm
Location: Minier Firehouse
MINIER'S GRILL DRAWING DATE: THURSDAY, JULY 31
Date: Friday, August 29
Time: 11am - 1pm
Location: The Delavan Bank Branch
DELAVAN'S GRILL DRAWING DATE: THURSDAY, AUGUST 28
Entry forms for the drawings are in the process of being mailed to all customers with their bank statements. If you did not receive one or lost the ones that were mailed, contact the branch(es) for a replacement form.
*Photo may not be an exact representation of actual prize.
Choosing a community bank puts the bank closer to where you live and play. It is a small business with a personal feel that builds relationships with it clients. There is just something comforting about going to a place where the people know you, your kids go to school together, they know the local businesses and understand where you are coming from. But there is more to banking with a community bank, much more. Here are five compelling reasons to choose a community bank.
1. Community Banks Support the Local Economy. Small business is responsible for creating many new jobs and they depend heavily on community banks when it comes to financing. While local banks control less than 25 percent of all bank assets, they are responsible for more than 50 percent of all small business lending. Small businesses actually get very little from larger banks. The top 20 largest banks in the United States control more than half of all bank assets. However, of their commercial loan portfolios a mere 18 percent goes to small business.
2. Community Banks Create Productive Investment Opportunities. When you choose to bank locally you are investing in a community …
June 15 is World Elder Abuse Awareness Day and the Independent Community Bankers of America® (ICBA), the Senior Housing Crime Prevention Foundation (SHCPF) and First Farmers State Bank want to provide the following suggestions for preventing the disturbing trend of elder financial abuse:
- Secure all of your valuables in a bank safety deposit box. These valuables can include your Social Security card, passports, credit card account numbers, will and other legal documents, financial statements and medical records. Contact your nearest First Farmers State Bank location for box availability and current rental rates.
- Do not give financial information to callers that contact you and claim to be from established organizations such as your bank or credit card companies, especially if they ask you to wire funds or send them private information. If you are concerned about your bank account, contact First Farmers directly.
- Check your bank accounts and bill statements carefully. You can check them online so you can zoom in easily in case you need to make the statement larger for easier reading. If you notice unauthorized charges, alert First Farmers immediately. If you would like to receive your statement electronically from First Farmers (delivered as …
Warmer weather ushers in bike rides, barbeques, home improvements... and home purchases! Before you start seriously house shopping, First Farmers urges you to consider the following tips so that purchasing your dream home doesn't become a nightmare:
- Know your monthly income and budget, including how much you spend on rent, utilities, entertainment, clothing, food and transportation.
- Discuss your finances with a First Farmers State Bank lender before you begin looking for a home. It is important to stay within your means when purchasing a house.
- Gather and organize paperwork and documents. Items you should have readily available include paycheck stubs, W2 forms, tax returns and bank and investment statements for the past two years.
- Check your credit report so you are aware of what your current credit score is before applying for a loan. Credit reporting agencies must give you one free report annually.
- Maxing out credit cards or falling behind on other loan payments could create issues when applying for a mortgage. Keep tabs on your spending habits before applying for …
First Farmers State Bank would like to congratulate all of the 2014 high school and college graduates!
Maybe you're a student wishing to further your education. Perhaps you've earned your degree and are ready to enter the work force. Or maybe you have younger children who look to attend college in the future. Whatever station in life you are at, know that First Farmers' employees are here to help with the banking and financial needs you may have.
College Saver CDs, 529 Education Accounts, a checking account with Visa Check Card, a home loan to help you settle into your post-school life... wherever you find yourself right now, we are dedicated to tailoring solutions to best fit your needs.
Windows XP End of Life
And How It Affects First Farmers Online Banking
April 8, 2014 officially signified the end of life for Windows XP. If you or your organization is currently running the Windows XP operating system on one or more of your computers, you need to be aware that you are exposing your computer network to a dangerous security threat that should be addressed immediately.
Microsoft will release no new security updates, patches, or system updates to protect you from viruses, malware, spyware, crashes, or theft of personal information. That means your computer and or network could be completely exposed to serious hacker attacks that could cripple your individual computer or network. If you have even one XP computer on your network, then you are at risk.
Consider upgrading or replacing your system immediately* to limit your security threat exposure.
Does this affect my use of online banking with First Farmers?
It could. If you are a First Farmers customer that is still using Windows XP to access …
It's that time of year again... property tax bills are now being sent with the first installment due Monday, June 2.
First Farmers State Bank accepts payments for both McLean and Tazewell Counties. And you do not need to be a First Farmers customer to make your payment here! Just be sure your payment is accompanied by the slip for your first installment to ensure proper credit for your payment.
After June 2, First Farmers can no longer accept payments for the first installment.
If you have specific questions regarding your bill, contact the Treasurer for the applicable county:
MCLEAN COUNTY TREASURER, REBECCA C. MCNEIL
Phone: (309) 888-5180
TAZEWELL COUNTY TREASURER, MARY BURRESS
Phone: (309) 477-2284
First Farmers is saddened by the recent passing of Scott Bettisch.
Scott was the Downs Community Fire Protection District EMS Chief. He spent his career helping those who battle fires, but sadly a hard-fought battle with colon cancer is one Scott could not win. We extend our sympathies to Scott's family and friends.
To help defray some of the financial costs, family and friends of Scott are organizing a benefit fundraiser. Please consider attending the benefit to "help the family of a hero"...
Scott Bettisch Benefit
Saturday, May 23 beginning at 5pm
DoubleTree by Hilton, Bloomington IL
Tickets: $15 per person
You can also drop off or mail a donation to First Farmers State Bank's Bloomington location. Make checks payable to "Scott Bettisch Benefit" (with Benefit Account in the memo line) and send to or drop off at:
First Farmers …
First Farmers State Bank congratulates the boys basketball teams of Bloomington Central Catholic and Heyworth High Schools for their outstanding seasons!
Central Catholic captured the state championship in the IHSA Boys Class 2A division, defeating Nashville in triple overtime 76-62! They ended their season with final record of 27-6.
Heyworth also concluded a great season with a second-place finish in Clas 1A. The Hornets fell to Mooseheart in the title game 63-47, but they ended their season with a strong 26-8 record.
Congratulations to both teams on these remarkable achievements!
Our web site provides links to other web sites for convenience and informational purposes only. By accessing these links you will be leaving First Farmers State Bank's website and entering a website hosted by another party. Please be advised that you will no longer be subject to, or under the protection of, the privacy policies of First Farmers State Bank's website. We encourage you to read and evaluate the privacy policies on the site you are entering.